So as I mentioned last week, life has been busy. Hectic. Unorganized. So not much has gotten done around the house but I am trying to keep doing things that don’t take a lot of time or supplies. One of those things has to finally hang photos and art.
In my office I have a wall across from my desk that I stare at all day long and I decided to create a gallery wall full of images & objects that mean something to me or just that I like to look at.
And it is done!
I love my wall. It is random and pretty and makes me smile all day long.
Starting from the top left here is what it consists of:
- ‘be’ canvas – dollar store canvas and some paint. I printed the word off on my printer and used carbon paper to trace it on the canvas and just painted around it letting the white canvas show through. I made to remind me to just be myself and not worry what anyone else thinks about me.
- paper tole flower art – this was my husband’s grandmother’s. She had it hung in her house and we received it as a gift to remember her by. His aunt made it and I reframed it in a Ikea Ribba frame to bring it up to date. I love it!
- grateful print – by vol25.
- lanscape print on canvas – $5 from a flea market
- clock – $4 from walmart
- peace print (grey print in the black frame) – free printable from simple as that. I love this print because I had chosen ‘peace’ as my word of the year and this describes what I mean by that perfectly.
- skeleton key – found at a local country general store
- wooden letterpress ‘j’ – a gift from a friend. So happy to have it on my wall!
- mini canvas – a canvas I created using my grandmother’s handkerchief.
- dream – metal sign I purchased at a home show years ago. Was originally aged white paint and rust coloured so I painted it to go in here.
- Wizard of Oz poster – I have had this since I was in my teens. It is a mounted posted that was hung in my bedroom. It got placed in my office temporarily while we were dealing with our rec room carpet and I loved it. So it stayed.
- Photo of a rainbow – caught this gorgeous photo of a low lying rainbow in the back fields near our house. Took the picture with my iPhone and loved it.
- small print in gold frame – $5 at a flea market
- letter j – this was a cardboard letter from the dollar store and I covered it with some free printable paper with modge podge.
- a picture of me and a dolphin – a picture from a vacation I took where I got to meet (& kiss) a dolphin.
- Julia Child print – from unraveled design.
Up next? Painting the cabinets, organizing my files & making a note board.