Happy New Year!
I haven’t been around for almost a month. Which is crazy but understandable too. It was a busy holiday season. It was not an intentional break but in hindsight a necessary one.
And New Years is one of my favourite times of year. It is up there with early mornings, beginning of school and spring. Because it is new. Unblemished. Full of hope. New choices.
So I have been reflecting on the life I want to lead. And how I want my house to be the supporting actress to my leading lady. So I had to break down my ideas of the perfect day(s) and what things I would want to do in that time. How I want to spend my time outside of work/family/kids. I came up with these top five:
- read/watch/relax – I want nice comfy spaces to relax and read blogs/books and watch movies.
- move/workout/swim – I want to keep myself motivated to work out with a tidy gym area and easily accessible gear for going to the pool.
- cook/bake/experiment I want to spend more time in the kitchen creating family meals and new recipes to add into our daily meals. I want an organized and well kept kitchen that I am happy to be in.
- create/paint/blog – I want to simplify my craft supplies down to those I will actually use and enjoy that process and remove all “I SHOULD MAKE”s from the pile.
- clean/organize – I want to create a home that is easy to clean and keep tidy so that my mind and mood stay clean and tidy too. A big part of this is removing the clutter and creating some systems in our trouble zones.
Some of these items are already working. Our new gym area is staying very tidy and I have been using it on a daily basis. But the front and back halls definitely need more work to create ease in our routines.
So these are my home goals for 2013. What are yours?